The Government of Uganda has launched the Parish Development Model Initiative to complement Emyooga with funding of Ushs 200bn. According to the Government with effect from next month, each of the 10,594 parishes in the country will receive Shs19.1m under the new government Parish Development Model initiative. This is part of Shs200b the parliament appropriated for the Parish Model. The President of Uganda, HE Tibihaburwa has asked Parliament to increase the appropriated money for the Parish Model from the current Ushs 200bn to one trillion shillings in the next financial year. If Parliament agrees with the proposal by President Tibihaburwa, each parish will get Ushs 100m per year from the Parish Development Model initiative. The money will be placed under a parish Savings and Credit Cooperative Society through which the residents will access it.
- High Court Judges in Uganda scared of granting bail to Mohammed Ssegirinya and Allan Ssewanyana.
- Assessing the first three months of the new Inspectorate of Government and IGG Beti Kamya.
- Public officers should be required to register their transactions to deter and remedy corruption in Uganda
- The National Identification Number can help Uganda to Close the information gap that facilities corruption and money laundering
- Understanding active policing in Uganda. How to deter and stop corruption before it happens in Uganda